Saturday, December 24, 2011

Favorite Christmas Book - Day 9

Today I am to pick a favorite book with a Christmas theme or setting.  I intended to read some Christmas books this year, but I am reading The Help and haven't gotten to Christmas books.  I absolutely do not remember any single title that I have read in the past.  They just seem fun while I am reading them and then they leave my memory, I guess.  So, I will have to go back to what I know...Children's books.

Old Standby: 
This one is an old favorite that I read every year to my class when I was teaching pre-k.  We always had a great time reading this one while eating our cookies on our Christmas party day.
 
How the Grinch Stole Christmas

My kids old favorite: 
This was my kid's favorite when they were young.  It is a short and simple story of baby Jesus told from the animals point of view.

Who Is Coming to Our House? (Sandcastle Book)

New favorite of the library kids where I volunteer: 
I heard this one being read in the reading alcove and the librarian and student's were loving it.  I will have to check it out to read for myself, but it is obviously a Christmas book about the ever-popular bad kitty.

A Bad Kitty Christmas

My new favorite find: 
Let me start by saying I have three boys.  I bought this for my little niece and didn't read it until I got home.  I am not such a fan of the old Llama Llama book, but these new ones have much more storyline to them.  This one is adorable as Llama Llama has to wwaaaiiittt for Christmas and go through all the Christmas preparations.  Too cute!

Llama Llama Holiday Drama

No comments:

Post a Comment