Thursday, December 22, 2011

Favorite Character of 2011 - Day 7

Today I am to decide on a favorite character from a book that I read this year (that's tough). Then use some pictures to create my post.

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)

I think I would have to choose Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games.  Katniss is introduced to us in this first book of the trilogy.  I like how she is so strong in such horrible situations, yet she is still a girl, still a sister, still a daughter, still torn between two boys.  I know I will have to see the movie when it comes out, though it makes me sad that after the movie I will always picture Katniss as Jennifer Lawrence.  My rendition of Katniss in my head will be forever lost.


This was another book I had purchased right before I began my MLS work which I didn't have time to read.  When I took my Children's Lit. class, this was on the list.  I loved it and read the next two between summer sessions over the long 4th of July weekend. 

2 comments:

  1. I chose Katniss for this challenge also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sarcasm Who is this "Katniss" you speak of? I've never heard of her before. Don't worry, I'm a sucker for THG too. Happy reading! P.S. Congrats on completing you Goodreads challenge!

    ReplyDelete