Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Book in Pictures - Day 2

So... I am participating in the Holiday Break Reading Challenge that one of my professors at SHSU is heading up with her friend.  It seems like it will be great fun!  For the challenge today, I had to use the book I am currently reading and find pictures that remind me of the book.  You could do this too!  What a great idea for creating a book report project. (Day 1 - we introduced ourselves)

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

I am finally reading it!!  I bought this book right before I started my MLS work and haven't had a chance to read it yet.  I refuse to see the movie until I read the book!  I am only on page 4, but here goes...


My Book in Pictures

It is about Aibileen who is a housekeeper.


The story opens with a crying baby
and her mama won't pick her up! 
Aibileen becomes
the primary nurturer and caretaker
for this child, Mae Mobley.


It is 1962, and bridge club day.
Aibileen gets the table ready for guests.


As the guests arrive, we are introduced
to Skeeter who has just returned from Ole Miss.
She is friendly toward Aibileen
which is unusual for the time.



And this is where I am in the book!
I am so excited to finally have time to read it.
I plan to spend some time today reading.

The Help






2 comments:

  1. Great job Tracy! I haven't read the book(gasp) nor seen the movie(gasp gasp). So many books out there to read and so little time. Thanks for joining the fun today!
    Julie(Edifying)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for participating today. So far you are the only entry! I guess people are still trying to get in the swing of their time off. We are usually a small group, but we have fun. Thanks for joining. I enjoyed your Story in Pictures.

    ReplyDelete