Saturday, August 6, 2011

Mocking Jay

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)




Collins, S. (2010). Mocking jay. New York, NY: Scholastic Press.

I finally found some time to finish up the series.  I basically took the day to read, read, read.  I couldn't put the book down.  By bedtime, I couldn't hold my eyes open for another minute, so I had to read the last 30 pages the next morning.  I thoroughly enjoyed this book.  I liked Hunger Games and Mocking Jay the best of the three. 

Basically, this book is another Hunger Games without it technically being another Game.  It is a fight for freedom from the Capitol.  This uprising of the revolution becomes the Game.  Katniss, as the Mocking Jay, is the face of the revolution and must decide whether to play the part or not.  She must decide who she can trust.  This book is full of secrets and does finally answer all the questions we have about Katniss, Peeta, and Gail.

No comments:

Post a Comment